My app is closing itself part-way through the session
Android users are facing one of the common problems, i.e. apps are killed in the background. When users open an app and leave it minimized, it kills it, even the permanent notifications from apps like antivirus app. This issue can rear its head in many ways. If a person is multitasking between a few apps, suddenly one reloads, and he loses his place. Based on user experiences, here are mentioned a few solutions to tackle this issue faced by Android users:
- Some Android users suggested to lock the app to solve this issue. This is done by switching the app down or holding it and clicking the lock icon in the recent apps screen.
- In case this issue occurs because of OEM and the stock ROM wrongly kills apps to save memory, an option is to tweak Android’s LMK (Low Memory Killer) to not kill your apps. This requires root. Try too use app with UI and preset to tweak it.
- A few users also solved the issue by: go to Settings > Apps & Notifications > Advanced > Special app access > Battery optimization. Change an application to be ‘Not optimized’ and it will not get killed in the background then.
- Go to Settings > Device maintenance (Device Care in Pie). Select memory and then add the app you want to keep awake to the ones that aren’t checked.
- Try going to Settings > Device Care > Battery > Settings > Sleeping apps > Add. Here mark as many apps as you don’t need in the background and then tap on ‘Add’. Restart your phone and the issue will be resolved.